Waste Water Treatment Plant Assistant
Basic Function: Support and assist with the operation of the Waste Treatment Plant under the direct supervison of WTP Supervisor. Ensure that all systems meet code and are safe. Ensure the safety and comfort of the guests and employees.
- Perform all mechanical tests on equipment
- Keep plant clean
- Perform all testing required at plant
- Keep a daily log on plant
- Perform all daily paperwork required by the state
- Responsible for analyzing and resolving any problems at the plant
- Run tests on back up systems to ensure the proper operation of the plant
- Order all supplies needed for the Waste Treatment Plant
- Fill out parts requisition for supplies
- Assist other engineers on projects as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Waste Treatment Plant Supervisor and Assistant Director of Engineering
High school education or equivalent work experience. Experience with WTP helpful. Prefer prior years experience in hotel/motel, high rise building or construction. Must have strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with ease. Computer skills required. Strong guest and team member relations skills. Must maintain current CPR and First Aid certification. Safety sensitive position.
- 10% Sitting
- 90% walking, standing, climbing and bending
- Lifting/Carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Hearing and Manual dexterity
- Good vision to include depth perception and color
- Ability to work in all types of weather conditions
- Ability to drive golf cart or gator
- Available by phone for emergencies