Spa Services Coordinator
Responsible for providing courteous and efficient guest service from the point of arrival to the Spa through the check-in and check-out procedure. Must be knowledgeable concerning all spa treatments, the resort, and the surrounding area. Responsible for maintaining a cashier's bank, giving spa tours, maintaining facilities, taking cash and check payments and making change. Responsible for making, changing and canceling Spa appointments accurately.
1. Properly open and close the Spa each day according to standard operating procedures.
2. Answer all telephone calls within 3 rings and use guest's name at least three times. Schedule spa reservations for guests using guest's name at every opportunity. Explain/describe in detail Spa treatments, packages, services and facilities available in a timely, helpful and friendly manner.
3. When scheduling always verify all the information with guest: name, room #, cc#, exp. date, gratuity amount to be added, the amount we will be charging them, the length of treatments, and ensure you complete a confirmation card when appropriate. Inform the guest of our cancellation policy. Reconfirm day, time, type of treatment.
4. Use suggestive selling when scheduling treatments.
5. Responsible for maintaining Spa Desk bank.
6. Maintain eye contact when addressing someone (guest, visitor, co-worker or manager). Acknowledge and greet everyone who passes.
7. Read communications boards, logs, memos and e-mail messages prior to beginning shift and share all information between shifts in an effort to communicate to all receptionists.
8. Contact all therapists in a timely manner (at least two hours prior) for treatments scheduled.
9. Coordinate day to day routines with Spa housekeeper to maintain the least amount of interference or inconvenience to the guests spa visit.
10. Maintain a clean and organized desk/lobby area. Be aware of retail area and maintain organization and all items priced.
11. Utilize Spa computers with skill and proficiency.
12. Handle guests concerns courteously, offer solutions, and follow through on all requests by guest until there is a satisfactory conclusion.
13. Maintain a Spa Desk bank as well as a safe, fully stocked, clean, and neat work area.
14. Actively promote the Spa, all treatments, services, programs and retail.
15. Issue Spa lockers and monitor/maintain the locker/facility area when necessary.
16. Walk Spa facilities every 15-30 minutes to ensure guests needs are being met and check all facilities for neatness and cleanliness.
17. Assist in all areas of Spa operation as requested by management.
Responsibilities and Authorities: Knowledge at all times of:
1. All property, facility or hotel and Spa features/services, hours of operation.
2. All hotel and Spa policies and procedures.
3. Communicate appointment times with the guests.
4. Schedule appointments accurately.
5. Treatment availability and Wait list status.
6. Understands that scheduling is based on occupancy, which may result in a varied work schedule.
7. Current promotions and/or discounts available.
8. Current Groups ?in-house? and their billing for spa services.
9. Contacts Spa Director for any guests dissatisfaction.
10. Handle guest complaints courteously, offer solutions and follows through on all requests by guest until there is a satisfactory conclusion.
11. Must be able to work without direct supervision and to remain stationary at assigned post for extended periods of time.
12. Knows all safety and emergency procedures. Is aware of accident prevention policies.
13. Sell retail goods, collect and record all transactions properly.
14. Maintain a safe, fully stocked, clean, and neat work area. Perform monthly inventory and daily stocking and straightening of relaxation area.
15. Perform administrative updates in RIO scheduling system.
16. Communicate all ideas, both yours and guests to Spa Director.
17. Practices the 10-5-3 rule in relation to guests and co-workers
High School graduate or equivalent. Excellent customer service skills. Ability to effectively communicate with guests and co-workers. Computer literate, background in the hospitality industry, customer service, administration or sales with previous guest relations training, training in Spa or fitness related field preferred.
Lifting/Carrying 20-30 pounds
Computer screen reading 1-3 feet
Hearing and Manual Dexterity