Spa Front Office Manager - Mii amo
Are you outgoing, energetic, passionate, and authentic? Mii amo Spa is the perfect spot for you!
At Mii amo, we work together to create and deliver extraordinary experience for all guests and team members here at the resort. Our culture is fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, engaging, and we have one of the best views you’ll ever find! Come join us!
How you will enjoy your day:
Lead the Mii amo Spa Coordinators and be responsible for delivering an unequaled spa experience for guests. Work with other managers and supervisors to oversee all aspects of the spa and related services including, but not limited to, developing, and monitoring front desk staffing, reservations, bell services, concierge, Operator, locker room, guest billing, check-in procedures, and guest service. Act as additional support and cover shifts as a Spa Coordinator and Lounge Attendant as needed. Position requires shift flexibility in support of Spa Operations.
The Spa Front Office Manager reflects a warm, personal, efficient, engaging and anticipatory service ethic across a range of tasks and functions in alignment with the Forbes 5 Star Resort Standards. Is a Mii amo Ambassador and role-model for fellow teammates, other departments, and guests.
- Assist General Manager during operation with the Spa Coordinators, Concierge, Bell, Telephone Operator and Lounge Attendants including positive reinforcement and disciplinary action when appropriate.
- Monitor and reinforce quality standards through daily feedback with employees as set by Management and Preferred standards.
- Review staffing levels for today, tomorrow and the next day to ensure levels are appropriate given business needs. Cover the shifts as needed.
- Assist in preparing and executing Spa Coordinators, Concierge, Bell, Telephone Operator and Lounge Attendants evaluations with Spa Operations Director.
- Maintain open communication with management, employees, and guests and communicate all goals and appropriate information with spa staff.
- Prepare and evaluate coordinator and lounge scheduling to be effective with department needs and resort goals.
- Assist in monitoring payroll.
- Maintain SOPs, Training Manuals and operational checklists.
- Lead and monitor new hire training for Spa Coordinators, Concierge, Bell, Telephone Operator and Lounge Attendants.
- Ensure guests satisfaction and resolve challenges as they occur.
- Ensure proper procedures of cash handling and billing for services received are being followed.
- Complete billing adjustments to both guest bills and house accounts.
- Participate in hiring staff and ensuring proper on boarding/training for maximum efficiency in department.
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly training of the staff to ensure highest possible guest experience to Forbes 5 Star level.
- Orchestrate all group billing and communication to coordinator team and accounting department.
- Continually update department documentation including training binder, SOP and checklists.
- Ensure arrival preparation is complete including communication of nuggets and room moves.
- Attend Spa Coordinator and Lounge Attendant meetings.
- Facilitate daily crossover meetings and lounge line ups.
- Work diligently to uphold facility standards by completing and monitoring completion of walk-throughs.
- Diligently work towards promoting a team environment within the department and with the resort as a whole.
- Promote cross and upselling by team members.
- Cross train and work within Mii amo Reservations as needed.
- Act as MOD to rectify potential guest and staff issues.
- Fill in when necessary at the Front Desk, Concierge, PBX and Lounge. Attend necessary meetings at the resort.
- Assist with room inspections on arrival days.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervision Exercised: Spa Coordinators, Concierge, Bell, Telephone Operator, Lounge Attendants, Spa Front Office Supervisor
Supervision Received: General Manager
Responsibilities and Authorities:
- Serve as a destination guest point person ensuring proper preparation, check-in and check-out procedures.
- Act as a Visual One specialist to assist in training and monitoring that staff is following the correct procedures for data entry and correcting discrepancies.
- Support and communicate with General Manager to ensure all tasks are completed on a daily and weekly basis.
Excellent communication skills and possess a working knowledge of the spa and health industry. Skilled in the operation of hotel Property Management Systems. The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure manuals, reservation printouts and budget reports. The ability to think and respond quickly to pending problems and ability to effectively process information and prioritize tasks at hand. Ability to make decisions that are in the best interest of the guests and the spa.