Senior Reservation Sales Agent
To assist the Corporate Senior Manager of Reservation Sales and Reservation Sales Assistant Manager with departmental operations as well as assisting with sales of the resort’s guest accommodations, contributing to the overall profitability of the resort.
- Assist guests by selling future room reservations as well as make changes to existing reservations in a knowledgeable and timely manner
- Complete an in-house training course on effective selling techniques and standards, and effectively utilize these skills to maximize revenue
- Answer all incoming calls and emails in a professional, friendly and efficient manner
- Provide guests with the requested information concerning the facilities, locations, services and surrounding area
- Process all guest reservations, including guest follow up, obtaining all necessary information and accurately entering it into the PMS system
- Assist the group coordinator as needed, assisting with rooming lists, pick up reports, suite blocks and reviewing accuracy in room assignments and billing
- Complete all daily checklists and reports
- Must meet or exceed established booking conversion rates, average handling time guidelines and other performance metrics associated with this position
- Assist with training of new agents and reinforcing of department procedures with more tenured agents
- Ensure completion of department daily checklist by team
- Create new SOPs on specific processes as directed
- Tracks absences and tardiness among the team during shift
- Assists with requests to speak to a supervisor, and handles guest recovery in a professional manner.
- Assists agents with troubleshooting phone and/or computer systems
- Other duties as assigned
A minimum of one year customer service experience is required. Prior resort/hotel reservations experience preferred. High school diploma or equivalent education required. Must possess intermediate computer skills with the ability to learn and master multiple software systems. Ability to deal with internal & external guests while maintaining a high level of professionalism. Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills and confident telephone skills and etiquette. Must be a self-starter and able to work independently, have a strong eye for details, be results driven, possess strong interpersonal and administrative skills, demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm. Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks (talk, type, search multiple screens) without impact to the guest. Ability to work effectively in a team environment and with different levels of management. Flexibility with schedule, able to work weekends, nights, and holidays as needed.
95% Sitting/5% Standing
Computer screen reading 1-3 feet
Lifting & carrying up to 20 pounds
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 12313