Safety & Security Supervisor
Responsible for responding to all medical emergencies on the property involving guests and/or team members. Patrol the property on a routine basis and provide a safe environment for guests and team members. Handle a variety of guest services including vehicle lock-outs, jump starts, and escorts. Assist other departments on request. Supervision of all safety & security and front gate staff.
- Patrol all areas of the property; secure rooms; assist guests with room access.
- Perform inventory of lost & found items and first aid supply
- Conduct emergency response drills, daily physical hazard/safety inspections, investigations, interviews, and key control audit.
- Monitor Closed Circuit Televisions and alarm systems.
- Authorize, monitor, and document access to secured areas.
- Assist guests/employees during emergency situations.
- Respond to accidents, contact EMS or administer first aid/CPR as required. Gather information and complete reports.
- Maintain confidentiality of reports/documents, release information to authorized individuals.
- Defuse disturbances in accordance with company policies and procedures. Resolve safety hazard situations.
- Handle all interruptions and complaints.
- Escort unwelcome persons from the property.
- Ensure compliance with alcoholic beverage control laws.
- Call for assistance using proper code responses.
- Provide proper paperwork to employees.
- Assist management in training, motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model and first point of contact of the Guarantee of Fair Treatment/Open Door Policy process.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests‘ service needs; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. In addition some states may have additional licensing/registration requirements to be considered for this position.
- Performs all other responsibilities as assigned.
Supervision Exercised: Safety & Security Staff, Front Gate Staff
Supervision Received: Director of Security and Loss Prevention
Must be certified in First Aid, CPR and First Responder Certifications or be willing to obtain certification within 30 days of employment. High school diploma or GED required. AHLA certified. Previous hotel security, police or military experience preferred. Computer experience with Word and Excel. Ability to understand, write and execute documents such as safety rules, policy manuals, incident reports, medical reports, etc. Ability to carry out instructions in written, oral, or diagram form. Must have ability to apply common sense and appropriately handle guest and team member needs. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy. Able to endure various physical movements throughout the work areas. Clear thinker remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment. Safety sensitive position.