Retail Assistant Buyer
This is a place where every day can be extraordinary. Where you’re greeted at every turn by breathtaking landscapes, where your fellow team members welcome you as if you’re family, and where people come from all over the world to seek memorable experiences that can only be found here.
Our retail team takes pride in the incredible products we offer to guests. From sundries and outdoor athletic gear to one-of-a-kind pieces made by local artists, our retail offerings allow guests to return home with a tangible memory of Sedona.
Assist the Retail Director with buying responsibilities for all properties. Update Open to Buy, prepare budget analysis, sales analysis, and assist Retail Manager with merchandising and replenishment in stores.
- Issues purchase orders and sends to vendors.
- Reviews reorder reports and places reorders.
- Confers with vendors to obtain net 30 terms, product or service information such as price, availability and delivery schedule.
- Assists with determining and maintaining the Open to Buy for all categories
- Collates and present buying reports & budgets
- Develops buying strategies to identify areas of growth, key performers, and reorders
- Assists the Retail Director with buying and trade show attendance. Booking and attending appointments with the Retail Director.
- Assists Retail Director and Retail Manager with running promotions, initiating mark downs, re-stocking, stock rotation and transfers.
- Assists Retail Manager with establishing sales goals, contests, store events, visual merchandising training and display.
- Assists the Retail Operations Supervisor with monitoring pricing to ensure we are maintaining margins.
- Works closely with key brands -from market analysis, product performance, and store visits. Manage collaborative opportunities with brands and assist Retail Manager with staff/product training.
- Assists the staff on the floor in peak periods so that staff can share product ideas, and identify items that are working or not.
- Acts as contact for Group amenity purchases and deliveries.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Technical Capacity.
- Accounting and Organizational Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Time Management.
- Collaboration Skills.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position requires the ability to regularly stand and walk, as well as occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, requiring a minimum of 40 hour work weeks. Typical work schedule is Sunday through Thursday 8am-5:00pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required, particularly during trade shows and physical inventory of the stores.
Some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
Background in hospitality retail preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Enchantment Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Enchantment Resort does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.