Basic Function: Handle incoming and outgoing reservations calls in a call center environment and effectively sell the properties using specific selling techniques and standards to ensure maximum profitability
- Assist guests by selling future room reservations as well as make changes to existing reservations in a knowledgeable and timely manner
- Complete an in-house training course on effective selling techniques and standards, and effectively utilize these skills to maximize revenue
- Answer all incoming calls and emails in a professional, friendly and efficient manner
- Provide guests with the requested information concerning the facilities, locations, services and surrounding area
- Process all guest reservations, including guest follow up, obtaining all necessary information and accurately entering it into the PMS system
- Assist the group coordinator as needed, assisting with rooming lists, pick up reports, suite blocks and reviewing accuracy in room assignments and billing
- Assist Corporate Senior Manager of Reservations Sales with a variety of tasks not limited to brochure requests, gift certificate processing, and data entry
- Complete all daily checklists and reports
- Must meet or exceed established booking conversion rates, average handling time guidelines and other performance metrics associated with this position
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of one year customer service experience is required.
- Prior resort/hotel reservations experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent education required.
- Must possess intermediate computer skills with the ability to learn and master multiple software systems.
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office, V1 or Navis systems preferred.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills and confident telephone skills and etiquette.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks (talk, type, search multiple screens) without impact to the guest.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and with different levels of management.
- Flexibility with schedule, able to work weekends, nights, and holidays as needed.
- 95% Sitting/5% Standing
- Good hearing
- Computer screen reading 1-3 feet
- Manual dexterity
- Lifting & carrying up to 20 pounds