Outdoor Adventure Adviser (17717)
Basic Function: Responsible for day-to-day sales, scheduling, and coordination of all complementary, paid, and private activities (Hike, Bike, Cultural/Educational). Respond to guests’ immediate needs for the rental of mountain bikes. Assist the Activities Supervisor and Activities Director implementing programs, projects, special events and activities designed to improve customer service and increase revenue.
- Increasing sales by educating and assisting guests regarding all products and services offered by the Activities Department at Enchantment Resort including but limited to hiking, biking, and Camp Coyote by securing and upselling outdoor adventures and programs.
- Attain minimum sales targets (quarterly KPI’s) defined by the Activities Director.
- Attain minimum sales leads (quarterly KPI’s) defined by Activities Director by all means necessary (i.e. outbound calls, emails, and one on one interaction with guests).
- Play a lead role in the educating, scheduling, booking, and charging regularly scheduled activities, private activities, working in partnership with Activities Department, Concierge, Mii Amo, and Group Sales Department.
- Coordinate, educate, and schedule excursions and activities for all corporate group business acting as the main point of contact before and during the event.
- Schedule all guides on an as need basis.
- Engage with guests in a courteous, professional, and friendly manner at the Outdoor Adventure & Activities Station POS (point of sale).
- Act as Enchantment Resort’s main point of contact for all trail information hiking, biking excursions and other activities.
- Maintain the guest request list in a CRM database updating the schedule of excursions and activities confirming the activity/schedule with the guide(s).
- Once the excursion, activity, or service is confirmed (booking the activity(s) in V1), general administration and data entry communicating the daily itinerary within the Activities Department, appropriate departments, and guides.
- Print and charge receipts for the correct amount to the correct guest turning tickets to the Activities Shop on a daily basis.
- Communicate to staff and guests in a professional manner regarding changes in regularly scheduled Hiking/Biking and Cultural/Educational activities
- Handle guest complaints in a courteous and professional manner upholding I CARE/ WE CARE and company standards.
- Follow and implement policies and procedures for Activities Department
- Assist department leads with activity-focused projects
- Assist in the execution of resort special events, activities, and programs
- Attend monthly department meetings
- Assist Activities Center with the rental of mountain bikes and other rental gear.
- Provide reports as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Supervision Exercised: Scheduling hiking and biking guides based on availability and ability.
Supervision Received: Activities Director
Responsibility and Authority:
- Understand the basic functions of various departments, including Concierge, Camp Coyote, Tennis, Native American programs, Guest programs, Special Events, Hike and Bike programs, local activities through a training program outlined by the Activities Director.
- Use good judgement by acting in the best interest of the company when the Activities Supervisor or Director are absence or unavailable.
- Be available on-call based upon occupancy and availability of tasks and work flexible hours
- Make sound business decisions that first take into consideration the welfare of the guest, staff, and the resort when dealing with guest complaints
- Complete projects on time with accuracy without direct supervision
- Implement, organize, and direct activities, special events & promotions at the direction of the Activities Supervisor and Activities Director.
- Responsible for guests’ safety when loaning out equipment and when guiding hikes (refer to Hiking Guide job description)
- College Degree preferred
- Minimum 2 year’s sales experience with a proven track record of sales skills and success.
- Passion for the outdoors
- Previous sales experience in the outdoor industry (hiking and/or mountain biking industry) a plus
- Must have strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with ease.
- Outgoing, friendly, and team oriented.
- Professional approach with the ability to cold call.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Self-motivated, organized, and outgoing with strong people skills.
- Excellent team member relations skills.
- Must be able to maintain current CPR and first aid certification.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
70% Standing, walking, and hiking
Lifting & carrying 15 - 60 pounds
Ability to be outdoors in various weather conditions for a prolonged period of time throughout the year