Mountain Biking Guide
Basic Function: Responsible for providing a safe, clean, personal, entertaining and well thought out mountain bike excursion that exceeds guest’s expectations.
- Lead mountain bike excursions from by mountain bike or van providing mountain bike information, instructions, and education to guests including a safety briefing.
- At all times be aware of mountain bike safety by informing guests that you are First Aid and CPR certified, carry a first aid kit, informing guests about crypto biotic soil, and Leave No Trace guidelines.
- Perform mountain biking excursions in a safe manner in compliance with all recognized standards set by the resort’s permit and the US Forest Service, carrying a copy of the resort’s USFS permit and current CPR card (hard copy or digital).
- Be familiar with local trail conditions, hazards, weather, and any changes that have been made by the US Forest Service so the resort’s hiking permit is not violated including providing clear and appropriate directions to guests for overall safety.
- Ensure each mountain bike is in good working condition prior to each excursion including brakes, correct size bike for each guest, proper MTB supplies are gathered for each biking excursions including, water, tools, pump, bike log, and number of bikes and all related safety equipment including helmets, lights, etc.
- Ensure proper tools and equipment are available for safety with approval by the Bike Chief.
- Offer to take pictures of guests on the trail.
- If a guest wishes to compliment you, encouraging the guest to share comments on social media.
- Be familiar with Trail House operations including operating hours, retail items, bike shop, discovery center, and all hiking and biking products.
- Be familiar with Enchantment Resort’s three pillars, and basic products, and services of each pillar.
- Arrive to work wearing your nametag and uniform, preparing cold bottled water, verifying all guests are accounted for and each guest has signed an electronic waiver.
- Remain after each excursion to express thanks to guests, clean bikes, van (if used), and turn in signed written receipts to Adventure & Activities Manager.
- Report any incidents or accidents to Bike Chief and the Adventure & Activities Manager and fill out required incident forms from Safety & Security.
- Fill out required forms such as vehicle log, mountain bike trail report, and any reports required by the resort or USFS.
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled training sessions and meetings
- Must be guest service oriented and interact with guests in a pleasant, helpful, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic manner
- Display appropriate teamwork, flexibility and interpersonal skills
- Follow all Department Standard Operating Procedures at all times
- Maintain a clean driving record
- Keep bikes and storage area neat and properly maintained on a daily basis
- Other duties as assigned
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Bike Chief & Adventure & Activities Manager
High school diploma or GED, and/or equivalent work experience. Knowledge and ability to perform basic bike maintenance including setting up suspension, seat height adjustments, and changing a flat tire. Attention to detail and able to multi-task many priorities. Self motivated ability to work with little supervision and organized. Must be dependable. Knowledge of mountain bikes, trails, and area. Must maintain current CPR and First Aid certification. Willing to learn instruction methods. Ability to lead guests in excursion in safe and professional manner. Must be able to meet the physical demands of this position, display a neat appearance, and a caring attitude and ability to communicate clearly and simply. Safety sensitive position.
20% Walking, standing & bending
Lifting/Carrying up to 50 lbs.
Hearing and Manual dexterity
Use of chemicals for maintaining bikes
Ability to work in all types of weather conditions
Ability to drive van if necessary (clean MVD record required)