Maintenance Engineer - Overnight (18042)
Welcome to our application process here at Enchantment Resort, we can’t wait to meet you! Our property focuses heavily on creating an amazing place to work, and fostering a meaningful connection between all team members. We hope to have you join our team and enjoy some of the ways we provide for our staff!
At Enchantment, we work together to create and deliver extraordinary experience for all guests and team members here on property. Our culture is fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, and engaging. We work to build an inclusive environment through our free employee cafe, free employee shuttle to and from Enchantment, bonus plan for employees, and more! We strongly believe in providing an environment where our team members are empowered to innovate, and have the ability to do their best work on a daily basis. Come join us!
At Enchantment, we work to ensure that the property is well-maintained and that each guest has a comfortable experience. If you take pride in a job well-done and enjoy hands-on problem solving opportunities, join our engineering team.
Basic Function: Perform general maintenance and repairs within the general trade skill areas during the overnight shift
- Respond and attend to guest room repair requests
- Communicate with guests and staff to resolve maintenance issues with little to no supervision
- Request, acquire and maintain inventory, parts and supplies as needed
- Safe use of hand and power tools and other material required to perform repair and maintenance tasks
- Repair or replace PVC/Copper pipe (including soldering)
- Troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment i.e., plumbing, electrical, mechanical, etc.
- Program TVs and perform general housekeeping and engineering-related duties
- Assist with surface preparation and painting, minor drywall and wood trim repair, filter replacement, etc.
- Thorough clean-up of painting and/or repair area
- Use of Lockout/Tagout system before preforming any maintenance work
- Use engineering computer programs related to maintenance work
- Perform light-level troubleshooting of resort Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) systems
- Maintain shop areas, spare parts areas, storage areas and inventories of the materials, equipment and associated parts of the trade
- Repair, install, adjust and perform preventive/predictable maintenance and maintain the information in a shop log or document the assignment through the work order system
- Install and replace lighting fixtures and bulbs
- Listen for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other engineers to diagnose problem or repair machine
- Repair and maintain physical structure of establishment
- Fabricate and repair furniture and fixtures
- Perform and maintain work to local, state and Federal codes
- Repair and finish sheet rock
- Repair all types of wall coverings
- Communicate with engineering supervisor on projects as assigned
- Respond to all customer requests in a timely and professional manner
- Adhere to quality expectations and standards
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of the other employees and guests
- Perform Engineer on Duty responsibilities, including readings and rounds
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment and install new or repaired parts
- Operate various equipment, maintain domestic hot and cold water systems and observe various electrical switchgear to ensure proper operation
- Other duties as assigned
High school education or equivalent work experience. Above average skills in three or more of the following categories and basic skills in the remaining categories: air conditioning and refrigeration, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, pneumatic/electronic systems and controls, carpentry and finish skills, kitchen equipment, vehicles, energy conservation, and/or general building management.
Prefer some experience in hotel/motel, high rise building or construction. Must have strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with ease. Computer skills required. Strong guest and team member relations skills. Must maintain current CPR and First Aid certification. Safety sensitive position.
- 30% Sitting
- 70% walking, standing, climbing and bending
- Lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Hearing and manual dexterity
- Distance vision 1-3 feet
- Ability to work in all types of weather conditions
- Ability to drive golf cart or gator