Job Title: Lead Therapist Date: June 2020
Supervision Received: Spa & Wellbeing Manager Department: Spa
Supervision Exercised: Spa Coordinator, Spa Therapists
The Lead Spa Therapist supports the Spa therapists and Spa Coordinator with training and supervision of the Spa protocols and standards.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Performs treatments as dictated by business
• Performs required opening and closing tasks for rooms
• Performs inventory of professional products
• Compiles professional product orders and submits to Spa Manager
• Maintains dispensary clean, neat and portion controlled
• Responsible for maintaining schedule
• Creates and implements new treatments
• Knowledge and understanding of all products, benefits, and use
• Meet or exceed retail sales goals
• Ability to describe all services offered to cross promote to all guests
• Always maintains the highest possible standard of guest care
• Trains or arranges for training for all therapists on policies, procedures, treatments, and products
• Understands the mission statement and core values of the business
• High level of self-motivation and guest service skill with the ability to effectively communicate with guests, staff, and leadership.
• Understands and actively assists in the enhancement of the mission statement and guiding principles
• Educates, develops, and understand the importance of all policies and procedures
• Consistently strives to improve spa/wellness operations, seeks change for positive outcomes
• Accepts responsibility for own actions, and encourages others to do so
• 5-10% of work hours as Lead Therapist to ensure duties outside of the treatment room are performed
• 50-95% of work hours per week to perform treatments - dependent on bookings
• During scheduled training, events, or special meetings, this may vary requiring Lead Therapist to spend more time outside of the treatment room.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
A licensed massage therapist or esthetician in the State of Virginia with a minimum of three years’ experience in a day/resort spa environment. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and scheduling software.
• Ability to lift/push at least 30 pounds which may include towel bins, towels bags and spa equipment.
• Ability to handle accidents and life-saving procedures calmly and carefully.
• Ability to stand for up to 5 hours
• Ability to reach consistently out in front of your body as well as overhead
• Maintain updated CPR and AED certification, ability to coordinate multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced sales and service environment.
I have reviewed and understand this job description.