Guest Services Agent Lead
This is a place where every day can be extraordinary. Where you’re greeted at every turn by epic landscapes, where your fellow team members welcome you as if you’re family, and where people come from all over the world to seek memorable experiences that can only be found here.
As a guest services representative at Enchantment Resort, you will set the tone for each visit. With a warm smile and seamless service, you will ensure our guests have a superior stay from check-in to check-out.
Basic Function: Represent the resort to the guest throughout all stages of the guest’s stay and ensure all service standards are being met by Guest Service Agents.
- Effectively assists all guests
- Train all new hires to maintain a high level of customer service while adhering to AAA, Coyle and Resort Standards
- Conduct daily audits of agents and provide feedback training for areas of improvement
- Check-in and check-out guests efficiently within AAA & Coyle time standards
- Direct all guest requests and issues to the proper departments; follow through to ensure requests and issues are fully resolved
- Resolve guest issues and log complaints in Visual One with full details
- Report any unusual occurrences or requests to the Front Desk Manager and Director of Front Office Operations.
- Obtain appropriate credit card signature with full authorization for the guests’ stay
- Maintain bank, which includes, but is not limited to making change and posting cash payments
- Inform guest of debit card policy
- Understands and adhere to proper credit, cash handling and accounting policies and procedures
- Post additional charges to guest accounts during their stay and after departure
- Research as necessary to bill guests correctly (i.e. faxes, tours, laundry, allocations, VIP packages, etc.)
- Know room types, locations and rates to up-sell upon arrival
- Use suggestive selling techniques to (up) sell rooms and to promote other services at the resort
- Work closely with Housekeeping department to ensure availability of rooms
- Track and note all early arrivals, late departures, room moves, VIP’s and repeat guests, as well as any special requests
- Maintain key control and key security for all guests of the resort
- Follow procedures for issuing and closing safe deposit boxes used by guests
- Ensure that mini bar procedures are followed including key security, final day postings and reconciliation
- Use proper mail, package and message handling procedures; log mail as necessary
- Read the log book and/or emails daily and complete any requests
- Possess knowledge of daily activities, group events, site inspections, emails, etc.
- Assist Reservations and Concierge during closure and rush hours
- Know all safety and emergency procedures including accident prevention policies and power outage procedures
- Assist with phone coverage and answer all calls within three rings and with proper greeting
- Communicate professionally when dealing with 911 dispatch and dispatching security to appropriate area
- Complete daily call and wake-up call log and follow through as required
- Conduct proper room assignment to assure guest satisfaction (upgrades, special requests, special billing, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Front Desk Manager
Responsibilities and Authorities:
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of Enchantment information at all times.
- Requires independent decision making
- Large amount of communication and coordination with other departments.
- Act as a Visual One specialist to assist in training and monitoring that staff is following the correct procedures for data entry and correcting discrepancies
- Work with other managers and supervisors and support all aspects of guest services including developing and monitoring staffing, SOPs, communication between departments, group coordinating, booking procedures and guest service.
High school degree, GED or equivalent. Some college preferred. At least one year prior hotel/resort front desk experience required. Must have strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with ease. Computer skills required. Strong guest and team member relations skills.
Occasional walking and bending
Lifting/Carrying up to 50 lbs.
Hearing and manual dexterity
Distance vision 1-3 feet