Group Rooms/Wholesale Coordinator
Our Group Rooms/Wholesale Coordinator will primarily handle wedding and event groups for our Bahamas property, The Cove Eleuthera. The starting wage is $16.00 per hour with the opportunity for commission earnings when assisting with call center reservations.
Set up and manage groups and wholesalers to included room reservations, billing, room blocks and reports, assist call center with reservations, and contribute to the overall profitability of the properties.
- Properly set up group block information in the system in a prompt and accurate manner. This includes but not limited to coding, booking instructions, allotments, billing information
- Communicate clearly with group contacts and appropriate staff regarding overall pick up, cutoff dates, and any other applicable information. Highlight to sales if addendums are needed based upon current pick up activity
- Monitor all group cut-off dates to ensure inventory is available to release for sale
- Maintain accurate group files by making updates and changes to the files as they occur
- Attend reservations, sales and pre-convention meetings when appropriate
- Responsible for updating Daylight with pertinent notes and group pick-up at conclusion of program
- Work closely with sales, convention services, and reservations concerning any room accommodation requests, outside the group block
- Answer guest inquiries in a professional, friendly and timely manner
- Responsible for all Wholesale activities. Including but not limited to bookings, inquires and loading rates.
- Assist call center with reservation calls when needed
- Other duties as assigned
A minimum of one year customer service experience is required. Prior resort/hotel reservations experience preferred. High school diploma or equivalent required. Must possess intermediate computer skills with the ability to learn and master multiple software systems. Ability to deal with internal & external guests while maintaining a high level of professionalism. Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills and confident telephone skills and etiquette. Must be self-starter and ability to work independently, have a strong eye for details, be results driven, possess strong interpersonal and administrative skills, and demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm. Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks (talk, type, search multiple screens) without impact to the guest. Ability to work effectively in a team environment and with different levels of management. Flexibility with schedule, able to work weekends, nights, and holidays as needed.
- 90% Sitting/10% Standing
- Good hearing
- Computer screen reading 1-3 feet
- Manual dexterity
- Lifting & carrying up to 20 pounds
The Reservation Call Center is located in North Scottsdale, AZ in a business complex. The dress code will be business casual.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9617