Group Rooms Coordinator
Basic Function: Oversees the system setup and management of all group room blocks within both the property PMS and sales CRM, including corresponding with clients regarding contractual requirements and preferences, establishing billing/routing, keeping accurate system files, and providing reporting to internal/external customers.
- Properly set up group block information in the PMS system in a prompt and accurate manner, based on the signed contract and information in the sales client relationship management system (CRM). This includes but is not limited to room type accuracy, coding, booking instructions and billing information.
- Ensure relevant group notes are clearly defined in ‘pop-up notations’ in property PMS to assist central reservation agents in accurately assisting callers with group block reservations.
- Communicate clearly with group clients (via telephone and email) and appropriate staff regarding overall pick up, reservations due dates, attrition, overages and all other applicable information. Highlight to sales if addendums or block washes are required based upon current pick up activity and client communications.
- Monitor all reservation due dates to ensure rooming lists have been received and block requirements are met, releasing unused inventory for sale.
- Maintain current and accurate group files in the sales CRM by ensuring AUTO Reminders are accurately established when the group block is entered, documenting all client correspondence as updates and changes occur.
- Attend reservations, sales and pre-convention meetings as requested.
- Receive and take all group calls into the central reservations office (CRO) during scheduled hours, returning voicemails/emails promptly from days off.
- Responsible for updating the sales CRM with pertinent notes and actualized group pick-up information at conclusion of program.
- Work closely with sales, convention services, and reservations concerning any room accommodation requests, outside the group block, ensuring both best resort profitability and customer experience.
- Back up other group rooms coordinator colleagues, both on property and in CRO, as needed.
- Answer guest inquiries in a professional, friendly and timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned
Supervision Received: Corporate Director of Group Sales, dotted line to Corporate Director of Reservation Sales
A minimum of one year customer service experience is required. Prior resort/hotel reservations / group rooms coordinator experience preferred. High school diploma required. Must possess strong computer skills with the ability to learn and master multiple software systems. Ability to deal with internal & external guests while maintaining a high level of professionalism and positivity. Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills and confident telephone skills and etiquette. Must be self-starter and ability to work independently, have a strong eye for details, be results driven, possess strong interpersonal and administrative skills, and demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm. Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks (talk, type, search multiple screens) without impact to the guest. Ability to work effectively in a team environment and with different levels of management. Flexibility with schedule, able to work weekends, nights, and holidays as needed.
90% Sitting/10% Standing
Computer screen reading 1-3 feet
Lifting & carrying up to 20 pounds
The position is located in the sales office of Enchantment Group in North Scottsdale. The dress code will be business casual.