Basic Function: Understand the sensitive nature of the spa environment and guest expectations. Adjusting schedules so there is no interference with outdoor and indoor activities and the guest experience. keep assigned areas clean and safe. Maintain plant material for optimum health and appearance. To assist with landscaping and construction projects as requested.
- Regularly check assigned areas for trash and ensures areas are safe for guests and staff.
- Weed and keep the plant beds and wild landscape areas clean and tidy.
- Maintain assigned areas to expected levels.
- Daily rake and maintain the soil so as to provide a pleasant look.
- Make sure all paths are safe and debris free on a daily bases.
- Clean and maintain casitas yards on a daily basis.
- Transport waste and recycling to compactor and recycling center daily.
- Irrigate plants as needed.
- Regularly checks the irrigation systems and repairs or notifies supervisor of any problems.
- Under direction performs planting, pruning, fertilization and other specialized jobs.
- Under direction performs on-going construction work as needed.
- Assist in training tier 1 and tier 2 employees in general maintenance practices.
- Lead landscaping staff during special projects as directed by manager and Landscaping Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Landscape Supervisor and Landscape Manager
Good self-starter and work with minimal supervision. Possess above average knowledge of general horticulture. Possess some knowledge of landscape construction (hardscape). To clearly understand product labels, written plans and verbal instructions. Ability to interact with guests in a friendly, unobtrusive and informative manner. Ability to work with other department employees as part of a team.
Lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
20% Kneeling or bending
Hearing & manual dexterity
Ability to work in all types of weather conditions
Ability to drive a golf cart or utility vehicle