Are you outgoing, energetic, passionate, and authentic? Enchantment Resort is the perfect spot for you!
At Enchantment, we work together to create and deliver extraordinary experience for all guests and team members here at the resort. Our culture is fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, engaging, and we have one of the best views you’ll ever find! Come join us!
How you will enjoy your day:
The General Manager of Enchantment Resort will be responsible for the successful management of all resort operations, including Rooms Division, Food & Beverage, Resort Activities, Retail, Maintenance and Landscaping. The primary focus of responsibility is delivering exceptional experiences and operational excellence, while meeting financial responsibilities. This hands-on GM will also provide leadership and strategic planning to operational departments, in support of the service culture, maximized operations and guest satisfaction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure achievement of property vision through well thought-out strategies, appropriate planning, and actions.
- Ensure and maintain a customer-focused operation which excels in providing Forbes five-star service and satisfaction.
- Oversee and ensure accurate forecasting and timely adjustments as required in staffing and other cost centers to ensure profit integrity.
- Oversee and have a working knowledge of all operating systems and procedures.
- Champion for guest satisfaction and works with department leadership to investigate and resolve any issues with guests and/or team members.
- Works with Directors to develop financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, ensuring each department is staffed appropriately for any revised forecast, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; and minimizing the impact of variances.
- Prepares information and recommends strategic plans; prepares and completes action plans; implementing productivity, quality, and Forbes standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Initiate new programs and revenue generating opportunities in response to evolving market conditions, ownership requests, and/or other factors.
- Monitor and control labor and operating expenses through effective planning, budgeting, purchasing decisions, policy making, and inventory control while focusing on creative cost control and revenue generation solutions to maximize profit of the resort.
- Monitors and controls other divisional expenses such as supplies and equipment.
- Inspire and direct the creation of appropriate programming and initiatives to drive operational and service excellence.
- Actively participates in sales presentations, property tours, and customer meetings to ensure the team consistently exceeds client expectations.
- Interact with VIP’s, Homeowners, and Meeting planners as necessary.
- Manage by “walking the resort” and inspecting guest rooms, public areas, back of house, kitchens, outlets, grounds, etc. to ensure resort maintains a high level of cleanliness and an overall five-star appearance.
- Timely communication of necessary information to resort Director and Leaders.
- Ensure the resort meets and/or exceeds Federal, State, and local safety sanitation regulations and Forbes guidelines.
- Collaborate with Managing Director on HOA, Development, and project needs.
- Work with Human Resources to ensure staff satisfaction and proper staff management.
- Collaborate with Mii amo General Manager to ensure smooth guest experience between both properties.
- Involvement with the community to establish beneficial partnerships.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervision Exercised: Director of Food & Beverage, Director of Lodging, Activities Director, Director of Engineering, Landscaping Manager, Director of Retail.
Supervision Received: Managing Director
A college degree specializing in hotel management, business administration or equivalent experience is required. Three to Five years’ previous experience as a Director of Operations / Resort Manager or General Manager at a luxury resort. Must have strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with ease. Strong financial acumen, strong experience in F&B, rooms, retail, activities, maintenance and landscaping. Computer skills required; advanced PMS experience preferred. Strong guest and team member relations skills. Good command of the English language. Successful candidate must possess legal work authorization in the United States. This position requires an applicant with a flexible schedule, able to work morning/afternoon shifts, weekends, and holidays.
Resort opening and renovation experience a plus.