Executive Chef - Mii amo
An exciting opportunity to join our newly refreshed, exclusive, destination spa, Mii amo!
At Mii amo, we work together to create and deliver extraordinary experience for all guests and team members here at the resort. Our culture is fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, engaging, and we have one of the best views you’ll ever find! Come join us!
How you will enjoy your day:
Oversee food preparation, merchandising, inventory and portion control, food purchase and employee relations for entire Mii Amo culinary department.
- Responsible for the production of high-quality food products at a cost level consistent with management objectives.
- Responsible for the implementation and adherence of the Forbes Standards.
- Supervise Mii Amo kitchen to ensure compliance with the resort’s objectives and the health and safety of all employees and guests.
- Train and supervise all kitchens staff in the proper techniques of food handling, food preparation and cost control of high-quality food products.
- Interview, hire, train and review performance of kitchen and utility personnel.
- Provide training and counseling for all employees to develop staff to their fullest capabilities.
- Observe safety and legal requirements as to the health and labor departments, always maintain all kitchen areas in the highest standards of cleanliness.
- Enforce the use of standard recipes for all dishes to insure proper portion control, uniformity of taste and quality.
- Develop menus, plating guides and standard recipes for all dishes to insure proper portion control, uniformity of taste and quality.
- Test new products, presentations, recipes, trends and formulas on the market.
- Control inventory and ordering of food, cleaning equipment, cleaning supplies and utensils necessary for food production.
- Monitor labor to be in accordance with department and resort guidelines, daily.
- Interact with guests as necessary on the floor.
- Maintain business contacts with health officials.
- Maximize food profitability, achieve budgeted revenues, and control expenses and budget of food.
- Foster a work environment of teamwork and mutual service by assisting coworkers and other departments as necessary to exceed our guests’ expectations.
- Other duties as assigned.