Director of Reservation Sales
Basic Function: The Director of Reservation Sales oversees the day-to-day operation and leads the strategic vision of the Central Reservations Office (CRO). This includes the cultivation and motivation of a team of reservation sales professionals, creation and implementation of standard operating procedures (SOPs) that continue to evolve with the CRO, Enchantment Group and the resorts supported, and consistent review and management of key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure the maximization of profit for Enchantment Group and all resort stakeholders.
- Consistent evaluation of CRO staffing needs, effectively hiring, onboarding and mentoring Reservation Sales Associates, Group Room Coordinators, Supervisors and other crucial positions to maintain department goals.
- Development and implementation of strategic goals and objectives for all CRO team members, including sales and conversion metrics, productivity measures and service standards.
- Analyzation and control of expenditures of CRO to conform to budgetary requirements and assist with overall profitability.
- Constant review of KPI, caller behaviors and CRO sales initiatives, interpreting trends and providing actionable insights for the progression of the department, customer experience and revenue generation.
- Cultivation of a strong sales and service culture by providing consistent training, coaching, reward and recognition, utilizing NPS, call coaching/scoring and conversion data, and ultimately revenue generation, as a measure of success.
- Continual refinement of sales training and skills to ensure optimized lead management and conversion growth in inbound and outbound reservation sales.
- Maintain strong communications with executive team, key departments, and resort stakeholders to drive companywide strategies and support resort initiatives.
- Provide Sales, Marketing and Revenue Departments with information and relative insights pertaining to current/historical/statistical reservation data to aid in pricing and promotion positioning.
- Ensure accurate operation of all CRO systems, including NAVIS CRM & Hub, Resort PMSs and SynXis CRS; ensuring effective troubleshooting, testing, documentation, and communication as needed to IT and vendor support.
- Serve as liaison between home office and operation staff at resorts, communicating changes to CRO strategy, operation and initiatives as needed.
- Seek out new opportunities for CRO revenue generation and cost savings, adjusting strategies as needed to incorporate prospective tactics.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervision Exercised: All applicable CRO staff including Reservation Sales Associates, Group Rooms Coordinators, Corporate Reservation Coordinators and Supervisors.
Responsibility & Authority:
- Oversee Central Reservations Office strategy and annual expense budget
- Management of all Central Reservation Office staff
Expert knowledge of reservations systems, process and team dynamics
Reservations training and process implementation experience
Excellent sales, organization and team management skills
Exceptional communication skills with fluency in English
Positive attitude; detail and customer experience focused
Bachelor degree from an accredited university or equivalent related work related experience
Excellent guest service and hospitality skills
Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Must be able to function and act independently, with the ability to prioritize a large workload
Superior sales skills that result in conversion
Strong ability to adapt to change
90% Sitting / 10% walking and standing
Lifting/carrying up to 20 lbs.
Hearing and manual dexterity
Distance vision 1-3 feet