Director of Marketing and Sales - Sedona, AZ (20282)
Basic Function: Overall responsibility for marketing and sales efforts for entire property. Identifies, develops and maintains property marketing and sales objectives, sales plans and special programs to ensure companys goals are achieved. Develop and implement strategies to position property as the best Resort in the Southwest and maximize revenue potentials.
- Responsible for proper marketing positioning of all Enchantment Resort and Mii amo Spa assets.
- Responsible for marketing budgets and expenses. Assist with sales budgets and expenses.
- Develop and implement a marketing plan with the resorts public relations firm that will include goals, budgets, public relations, media plan, direct mailing campaigns, and guest history program.
- Assess effectiveness to ensure that the target market and image positioning is clearly communicated to all involved in the creation of collateral sales materials and advertising campaign strategies.
- Ensure brand compliance.
- Manager website and social media to ensure proper resorts positioning and opportunity to optimize revenues.
- Lead team to properly communicate, enhance and execute three pillars of the resort: Well being, Adventure and Food & Beverage.
- Develops new programs and campaigns to generate additional business from various markets.
- Creates all marketing materials and media plans.
- Identifies and analyzes competition, both locally and regionally.
- Ensure the guest history program is effective and utilized.
- Maintain outside business contacts within the hotel/resort industry.
- Oversee and monitor outside public relations consultants, advertising agencies and outside sales representatives.
- Motivate, teach, direct, the sales, PR and Marketing team.
- Develop the overall marketing strategies and assist with sales strategies for Enchantment and Mii amo.
- Work closely with VP of Sales in Scottsdale office to grow group and liesure business.
- Lead operational team in development of new programming to enhance positioning and revenues.
- Assist in enhancing group sales and wedding business by directing and working collaboratively with VP of Sales
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervision Exercised: Collaborate with VP of Sales, Director of Revenues, Sales Managers. Supervise Public Relations Manager, Marketing team and local Group sales teams.
Supervision Received: Managing Director
Responsibility & Authority:
- Ability to deal effectively with all departments and regular communication with appropriate manager.
- Oversee all Sales and Marketing efforts for entire property to achieve budgeted revenues.
Bachelors degree from four-year College or university; or equivalent related work related experience. Minimum 5 years Sales Management experience in a high end service hotel/resort. Prior DOSM or DOS experience preferred. Must practice superior sales skills that result in closing of sales and ensures building and maintaining of professional business relations. Must have strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with ease. Computer skills required. Ability to travel, and project a professional self-image. Must have the ability to work productively with internal sales staff and other operating departments. Ability to handle obstacles in a positive and professional manner and to effectively communicate these problems, along with suggested solutions to immediate supervisor. Prior supervisory or management skills desired. Strong guest and team member relations skills.
10% walking and standing
Lifting/Carrying up to 20 lbs.
Hearing and Manual dexterity
Distance vision 1-3 feet
Ability to work in all types of weather conditions
Ability to drive a golf cart