Director of Lodging
Are you outgoing, energetic, passionate, and authentic? Enchantment Resort is the perfect spot for you!
At Enchantment, we work together to create and deliver extraordinary experience for all guests and team members here at the resort. Our culture is fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, engaging, and we have one of the best views you’ll ever find! Come join us!
How you will enjoy your day:
Basic Function: The Director of Lodging will be responsible for the successful management of all front office operations, including front office, concierge, PBX, bell staff, Housekeeping, Laundry and Security. The primary focus of responsibility is evaluating and improving guest services as well as the efficiencies of the division’s departments. This hands-on leader will be accountable for the effortless and seamless movement of guests in and out the resort and for providing exceptional levels of guest service through the guests’ stay based on Forbes standards. Duties also include assisting in the daily maintenance of room inventory status to achieve optimal levels of revenues while maintaining high levels of guest satisfaction. Ensure smooth running operations and maintain financial responsibility and profitability over Rooms Division.
- Directs and controls the activities of the Front Office, Concierge, Bell Staff, Valet, Housekeeping, Laundry and security.
- Oversee and have a working knowledge of all Rooms Division systems and operations
- Ability to deal effectively with all departments on daily basis to ensure high standards of guest services
- Responsible for all guest opportunities and communications via Revinate and Social Media.
- Assures that All Forbes standards are consistently met, guests and employees are satisfied and problems are promptly resolved.
- Effectively supervises all areas include coaching and counseling, and disciplinary action as necessary
- Conduct performance reviews as necessary
- Ensure that department profitability objectives are met
- Monitor and control labor and operating expenses through effective planning, budgeting, purchasing decisions, policy making, and inventory control while focusing on creative cost control and revenue generation solutions to maximize profit in the division and resort.
- Assists in preparing business forecasts and budgets. Makes suggestions that will improve revenue, reduce cost and increase guest satisfaction.
- Oversee the VIP’s, Homeowners, and Group Coordinator as necessary
- Works closely with Reservations, Sales and the Front Office to ensure guests satisfaction, before arrival high experience
- Supervise all Rooms Division areas to ensure compliance with resort management objectives and procedures
- Communicate with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met as well as attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
- Supervise all training programs in accordance with product description
- Inspect of all areas to ensure the highest quality product.
- Coordinate project with Engineering Department including Preventive Maintenance
- Know all safety and emergency procedures for guests and employees and understand accident prevention policies
- Develop and implement service standards to ensure a consistent guest experience at the high-quality level
- Responsible for the implementation and effectiveness of all cash handling within all reporting departments
- Other duties as assigned
Supervision Exercised: Executive Housekeeper, Front Office Manager, Director of Security and Loss Prevention, VIP Experience Manager, Concierge supervisor, Guest services manager
Supervision Received: Managing Director
Responsibility & Authority:
- Maintain a high level of guest service and discipline at all times in all guest services areas
- Uphold the resort commitment to hospitality
- Serve as a member of the Executive Committee
College degree preferably specializing in hotel management, business administration or equivalent experience is required. Two to Five years’ previous experience as a Director of Rooms or Assistant Director of Rooms at a luxury resort. Must have strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with ease. Computer skills required, advanced PMS experience preferred. Strong guest and team member relations skills. Good command of the English language. Successful candidate must possess legal work authorization in the United States. This position requires an applicant with a flexible schedule, able to work morning/afternoon shifts, weekends, and holidays.