Director of IT
Basic Function: The Director of Information Technology (IT) is responsible for the efficient operation and maintenance of all computer systems, data, and voice communications activities at the resort. Supports the Executive Director in forecasting technology requirements and upgrades to existing technology to improve efficiencies of existing systems. Executes the resort and company initiatives and system strategies.
- Lead the execution of technology strategy for technology platforms, partnerships, and external relationships.
- Be the resort’s technical expert and have strong interpersonal skills to relate to all levels of management.
- Must be able to assist the resort’s guests with technical requirements and issues.
- Directs the activities necessary to keep the technology infrastructure running seamlessly, efficiently, and effectively while ensuring compliance with established standards and policies.
- Manage PCI and PII to ensure compliance and risk reduction.
- Responsible for training of resort staff. Trainings to be engaging, relevant and relatable to all.
- Manage, mentor and guide IT staff; conduct weekly meetings to create growth and success.
- Represent the resort by participating in IT organizations and meetings as necessary.
- Establish and maintain procedures and hardware familiarization for all systems.
- Responsible for network support & security of resort’s network, Active Directory maintenance, Server Infrastructure maintenance, Network Infrastructure maintenance – wired & wireless, Network protection & failover tools implementation (Firewall, web security, multi-homing devices, etc.).
- Remain current in the utilization of technology in the field of hospitality
Supervision Received: Managing Director, with a dotted line to Executive Director of IT
Supervision over others: Director of Computer services, Director of Computer Systems, and Computer Services Assistant.
Educational background in Management Information Systems, Information Technology or a related field, or appropriate combination of education and experience to support on the job effectiveness. Solid understanding of LAN/WAN networks; Capability for analyzing PC connectivity issues (i.e.: client/server architecture). A minimum of 5 years of experience in an IT supervisory role. Strong knowledge of Microsoft infrastructures services and server systems. Knowledge of TCP IP, MS Exchange, MS ISA and group policy; Knowledge of hotel associated systems and telephone systems will also be beneficial. In depth knowledge of virtualization technologies. Ability to connect quickly and communicate effortlessly with users at all levels. Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks and assignments. Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up and attention to detail. Proactive approach, with exceptional problem-solving abilities to ensure the highest levels of productivity and guest satisfaction. Ability to work effectively as an independent contributor, and as a part of a collaborative team. Ability to multi-task and effectively manage numerous priorities within a fast-paced environment. Ability to travel when necessary. Flexibility and availability to work extended or irregular hours to include nights, weekends, and holidays if necessary.
Will be up to date with trends in security technology including competitive solutions and will be familiar with related markets by attending training sessions, seminars, and workshops as necessary.
Lifting to 50 pounds
30% walking, standing, and bending Hearing and manual dexterity
Distance vision 1-3 feet
Ability to work in all types of weather conditions
Ability to drive a golf cart
Able to rent a car