Director of Catering and Conference Services (19837)
Welcome to our application process here at Enchantment Resort, we can’t wait to meet you! Our property focuses heavily on creating an amazing place to work, and fostering a meaningful connection between all team members. We hope to have you join our team and enjoy some of the ways we provide for our staff!
At Enchantment, we work together to create and deliver extraordinary experience for all guests and team members here on property. Our culture is fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, and engaging. We work to build an inclusive environment through our free employee cafe, free employee shuttle to and from Enchantment, bonus plan for employees, and more! We strongly believe in providing an environment where our team members are empowered to innovate, and have the ability to do their best work on a daily basis. Come join us!
Set on 70 acres of panoramic natural terrain, Enchantment Resort® stands at the doorway of secluded Boynton Canyon...surrounded by red rock formations known for inspiring the mind, body and spirit. We offer Endless activities for all ages, extraordinary dining and luxurious rooms. We have been honored with numerous awards and recognition as one of the world's best resorts.
We are committed to our Team Members, our Guests, and our Community.
Lead the daily operation of the Catering/Conference Services department by ensuring delivered execution meets agreed obligations by resort and clients.
Ensure the Resort achieves budgeted food, beverage and other revenues in both group and catering markets. Successfully implement and administer the pre-planning and actual execution of group business.
The Director is responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of the catering/conference services department, while maintaining profitable operations and high quality products and service levels.
The Director is expected to optimize revenues and exceed budgeted revenues and to develop and implement business solicitation strategies to increase catering market share.
The Director is also expected to incrementally improve revenue and profit of contracted group business through suggestive upselling through value adds. S/he must act as a liaison between client, sales and operating departments to ensure a successful meeting and to generate repeat business.
- Effectively sells public space, Food & Beverage, and services of the resort through proactive outbound solicitation for both group and local catering.
- Works with Sales and Operating departments to generate maximum revenues, develop new events and activities and ensures repeat bookings by developing strong client business relations and loyalty.
- Coordinate with event planners to ensure specific group / catering requirements are met for events on property and off property.
- Meet and greet group clients and coordinate pre-conference meetings as necessary for resort or client.
- Coordinate and facilitate BEO meetings with internal staff and ensure distribution meets timeliness standards.
- Develop menus and agendas, ensure BEO’s are issued, and complete all pertinent correspondence with outside vendors to finalize programs.
- Maintain current information on and monitor booking trends to produce forecast figures and month-end reports. Ensure all bookings have sufficient deposit on hand prior to arrival of event.
- Be an advocate promoting all resort revenue centers to include golf, spa, restaurants, retail and activities.
- Participate in daily, weekly and monthly resort meetings as required
- Follow through to completion of function(s) including post program needs.
- Maintain pricing integrity and propose upscale menus for all groups.
- Conducts site tours of the hotel and banquet facilities; entertains clients as necessary in accordance with the company and property policies.
- Interact with outside planners and vendors for special events.
- Establish and maintains good working relationships with outside vendors and contacts.
- Read, analyze and interpret general business documents related to groups.
- Write reports and business correspondence relating to groups including budgets and monthly profit and loss recaps.