Director of Adventure and Activities
You: passionate outdoor activities visionary, eager to bring your love for hiking, mountain biking and everything outdoor adventure to an organization that continuously strives to be the premiere outdoor resort destination.
Us: Highly accomplished and world renowned resort in one of the most stunning scenic locations in the country looking for the Maverick that can elevate a phenomenal activities program to unmatched heights.
Lead, oversee and manage hiking, biking, resort activities, camp, tennis, Native American and guest programming at Enchantment Resort. Develop and implement unique programming, projects, special events and activities designed to increase revenue, promote the resort and enhance guests’ experience. The goal of this position is to elevate, implement and properly execute activities that would position the resort as the premier activity destination true to location.
- Provide leadership and directions in order to position the resort as the premier outdoor activity destination.
- Devise, implement and supervise all activities to ensure compliance with the resort’s objectives with a sense of place.
- Responsible for department’s Revenues and Profitability.
- Work closely with the Enchantment Group Corporate Marketing Department to create unique events to promote the resort and destination.
- Coordinate all indoor and outdoor activities for all ages.
- Work with the Group Sales Department to develop special activities for group participation to optimize additional revenues and enhance the guests’ experience.
- Create, implement and maintain the Children’s Program within the resorts standards and comply with all legal requirements.
- Participate in trade shows to promote resort activities, especially hiking and mountain biking.
- Ensure all business analytics are performed in order to understand guests’ participation, cost and profitability of each activity.
- Properly manage all aspects of the Activity Center and Club Coyote.
- Oversee relationship with the US Forest Service and reporting requirements connected to the resort’s permits.
- Seek ways to enhance permits and utilization of local and state trails.
- Oversee contributions to the Boynton Canyon Preservation Fund and facilitate where and how those funds are utilized.
- Nurture relationships with mountain biking and hiking guides in order to utilize their expertise to further enhance the resorts programming.
- Develop and nurture strategic partnerships beneficial to promote all activities.
- Responsible for promoting, selling and executing all activities to future and in-house guests.
- Seek ways to collect guests’ feedback and analyze data to ensure the highest satisfaction.
- Supervise all training programs in accordance with the resort’s service and safety standards.
- Know all safety and emergency procedures for guest/team members and how to act upon them.
- Understand, adhere to and enforce accident reporting and prevention policies.
- Interview, hire, review performance and handle team member disciplinary actions as necessary.
- Responsible for payroll and cost controls for all team members and outside contractors.
- Prepare budgets and monitor expenses for department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Project Management
- Organizational Skills
- Problem Solving
- Communication Proficiency
Activities Supervisor, Tennis Pros, Tennis Supervisor, Hike & Bike team, Camp Counselors, outside contractors
This job operates both an indoor office environment and, exercise rooms as well as outdoors at different activity fields. The noise level at many events can be loud. The job is often performed in outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is frequently very active and often requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The team member must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Evening and weekend work will be required frequently.
Minimal travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. A minimum of 3 years’ experience in leading hotel/resort/destination activities programs. Must be certified in CPR/ First Aid for children & infants, or obtain within the first 90 days of employment.
Preferred Education and Experience
Background in recreation and child development preferred. Additional operational hotel management experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Enchantment Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Enchantment Resort does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.