Corporate Distribution Data Services / Revenue Analyst
Conduct quantitative analyses of information in order to maximize overall hotel revenue and profit; development and implementation of effective inventory and pricing strategies based on future demand forecasts, current trends and historical data. Responsible for determining the optimal mix of business and managing distribution strategies on all channels to increase revenue and drive market share. Communicate revenue management strategic vision to leadership team at a corporate level, as well as to each of the properties.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversee management and implementation of Revenue Management System (IDeaS) strategies to ensure effective pricing tactics are in place relative to the specific market conditions and competition. Strategies include LOS restriction, price decisions (BAR and LRV), room type yielding, overbooking, etc.
- Effectively manage inventory and pricing strategy on all distribution channels including branded web/booking engine, 3rd Party Sites (OTAs and Direct Connect) and Global Distribution Systems (GDS).
- Closely monitor competitive pricing and understand impact of relative pricing decisions on property performance.
- Work with CDRM to conduct regular price elasticity tests (price testing) in various market conditions, measure results, and share key learnings.
- Compile Weekly Revenue Reports to analyze key drivers of market share performance and understand overall effectiveness of strategies.
- Focus on lowering distribution costs and driving room nights to branded web.
- Work with Group Sales team in conducting displacement exercises for potential group business. Oversee the management of Group Block activity. Ensure that group cut-off dates, rooming lists, group block activity (i.e., pickup, wash) are being well managed
- Contribute and provide Revenue Management strategies and analysis for Sales, Marketing and Revenue meeting.
- Verify and audit rates, from Revenue Management, Sales and Marketing and property level information submitted in Reservation Services, Synxis, Global Distribution Systems, and Property Management Systems.
- Research and resolve discrepancies with appropriate parties in regards to synchronization of systems information, rates and inventory, and any inaccurate loadings.
- Provide Synxis and Property Management support for general questions, password administration and system functionality.
- Create and manage room types and room number assignments in property management system for new openings and existing properties.
- Maintain and update hotel restrictions and policy exceptions in Reservation Services, Synxis and Property Management Systems
- Coordinate with Global Distribution System, Marketing and Reservations departments to ensure timely communication and implementation of new accounts, promotions, hotels and rates.
- Maintain and update hotel and company information on various Internet sites, including Sabre’s NEXUS software and GDS gateways as needed.
- Create and maintain consortia and marketing promotion rate plans and property participation to support of Enchantment Group marketing programs.
- Work closely with the Sales staff to ensure effective loading, maintenance and display of negotiated rates for corporate and wholesale clients.
- Review and analyze STR data on a monthly basis with Corporate and hotel teams. Identify and implement strategies for future demand scenarios.
- Provide corporate and hotel team with regular updates on hotel performance to include market share, market segmentation, channel metrics, etc.
- Clearly communicate strategic vision and objectives to Corporate Director of Revenue Management on how to drive revenues and improve total performance.
- Financial Management
- Technical Capacity
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Strategic Thinking
Corporate Director of Revenue Management
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
No to minimal travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting or related and two years of relevant revenue management or related discipline experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
Additional operational hotel management experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Enchantment Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Enchantment Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Reference #: 13702