Cook Lead (21379)
Welcome to our application process here at Enchantment Resort, we can’t wait to meet you! Our property focuses heavily on creating an amazing place to work, and fostering a meaningful connection between all team members. We hope to have you join our team and enjoy some of the ways we provide for our staff!
At Enchantment, we work together to create and deliver extraordinary experience for all guests and team members here on property. Our culture is fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, and engaging. We work to build an inclusive environment through our free employee cafe, free employee shuttle to and from Enchantment, bonus plan for employees, and more! We strongly believe in providing an environment where our team members are empowered to innovate, and have the ability to do their best work on a daily basis. Come join us!
Responsible for various aspects of food handling and preparation. The Lead cook is the person in charge of other cooks working in the same place. Adhere to sanitation practices. Responsible for the day to day operation of the working kitchen and his respective work station. Must have excellent interpersonal skills to work on a team and good leadership skills to work as a lead.
60% COOKING/PREP: Details vary depending on station/area assigned:
- Responsibilities include creating dishes, supervising the preparation, flavoring and cooking processes such as respect of recipes, organization and cleanliness of all working stations.
- Direct, coordinates and delegates responsibilities to kitchen staff to ensure goal and objectives of the kitchen are met on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the entire set-up and mise en place for respective station(s). Responsible for ensuring the freshness and the quality of all food products. Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and employees engaged in food preparation.
- Must be proficient at all workstations, including Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Pool, and Banquets. Must be available to work any station as business levels require.
- Responsible for the freshness and quality of all food products on the line, including proper rotation of all food items in workstation mise en place and kitchen. Must have knowledge of degrees of doneness of meats.
- Expedite service period as needed to ensure smooth and seamless operation between all work stations, server pickup and ultimate guest delivery. Responsible of kitchen staff to maintain ticket times based on Management expectations. Checks Final product before it is delivered to the customer to ensure proper preparation, plating and presentation
- Maintain a workstation that is neat, safe and clean by utilizing proper handling and storage procedures of station mise en place. Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Assist in banquet preparation and pickups when requested by Supervisor/Manager.
- Produce the finest quality product on a consistent basis
- Knows all menu items from respective areas and its ingredients
- Report any unsafe working/food safety conditions to Culinary Management as well as Engineering team as needed to bring said conditions under control.
- Inspect all refrigerators and freezers on a daily basis to ensure the respect of Food Safety and health department standards. These can include, but are not limited to expired product, time-temperature abuse, improper label/dating/wrapping of products.
- Must attend to lead cook meetings to ensure communication between management and employees
- Communicate to Supervisor/Manager any potential problems or concerns in order to rectify the problem in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for communicating with co-workers and supervisors on each shift of any problems or concerns.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, staff may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the Resort. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the Resort:
- Consult with supervisor on a daily basis, included checking in and out with other departments that are directly related to the Culinary and Food & Beverage departments.
- Being active, such as playing a mentor role to provide the best training, provide expectations and ongoing support and assistance for new hires.
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Executive Chef, Chef de Cuisine, Sous Chefs
High school or equivalent education required. Minimum of four years experience in a similar capacity in a full-service fine dining restaurant or four-star or higher hotel/resort. Additional experience considered where applicable to responsibilities. Good leadership skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities: Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace. Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process. Requires great communication skills, both verbal and written. Use of Resort-approved communication devices (radio, pager, earpiece, etc.). Ability to read recipes and follow their instructions. Must have ability to read and understand tickets. Must have the ability to delegate tasks if necessary based on level of business. Basic math computational capability including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to work under little or no direct supervision and be accountable for subordinate cooks. Ability to deal with problems and resolve them efficiently. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and hot environment.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by Resort environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Walking and standing is required during most of the workday. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Ability to physically handle knives, pots, mirrors, or other display items as well as grasp, lift and carry same from shelves and otherwise transport up to 50 pounds to every area of the kitchen. Ability to perform cutting skills on work surfaces, topped with cutting boards, 3 to 4 feet in height (banquet kitchen, prep kitchen, bake shop, etc.). Proper usage and handling of various kitchen machinery to include slicers, buffalo chopper, grinders, mixers, and other kitchen related equipment.
- Ability to physically self-demonstrate culinary techniques, i.e., cutting, cooking principles, plate presentation, safety and sanitation practices.
- The worker is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the Resort on a timely basis
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.