Camp Counselor On Call (19276)
Welcome to our application process here at Enchantment Resort, we can’t wait to meet you! Our property focuses heavily on creating an amazing place to work, and fostering a meaningful connection between all team members. We hope to have you join our team and enjoy some of the ways we provide for our staff!
At Enchantment, we work together to create and deliver extraordinary experience for all guests and team members here on property. Our culture is fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, and engaging. We work to build an inclusive environment through our free employee cafe, free employee shuttle to and from Enchantment, bonus plan for employees, and more! We strongly believe in providing an environment where our team members are empowered to innovate, and have the ability to do their best work on a daily basis. Come join us!
Promote and market camp to all resort guests to increase revenues. Create and implement new and improve existing programs, crafts and activity ideas. Primary function is to challenge and educate children enrolled in the camp in a safe, fun and caring manner
- Arrive to work a half hour before program begins wearing nametag and proper uniform
- Prepare parental release forms, charge slips and activities upon greeting children and parents
- Verify camp registration books each evening and every morning to see if there are any children registered for camp
- Create, organize and supervise activities, arts and crafts projects for children ages 4-12
- Lead and supervise children
- Contact and call in additional staff as necessary when counts go above stated numbers to ensure safety for all
- Order meals as necessary from room service
- Clean all areas of the camp to ensure neat and clean for next day
- Daily/Weekly monitor inventories of all crafts, food supplies and department forms required to run a profitable and efficient program
- Assist in creating and organizing seasonal camp schedule and camp/resort holiday events
- Deliver lecture schedules, movie flyers and related camp schedules, flyers and paperwork to specific departments/locations around the resort
- Log work orders for repairs in Camp Coyote in the computer
- Prepare purchase requisitions as needed, and submit to Activities Manager for signature and approval
- Monitor children’s health and safety
- Promote and market camp to guests to ensure profitability
- Oversee resort activities as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Prefer high school diploma or equivalent. Child development, recreation or educational background preferred. Parenting/child care or supervisory skills and posses the desire to work with children on a daily basis. Certified in CPR/ First Aid for children & infants. Must maintain current food handler’s certification. Need to be flexible and able to work on an on call basis. Must have strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with ease. Computer skills required. Strong team member relations skills. Must pass thorough background screening prior to commencing work. Safety sensitive position.
- Varied times required for sitting, walking, standing, bending and playing
- Lifting/Carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Hearing and manual dexterity
- Distance vision 1-3 feet
- Ability to work in all types of weather conditions
- Ability to drive golf cart