Beverage Manager and Sommelier
Are you outgoing, energetic, passionate, and authentic? Enchantment Resort is the perfect spot for you!
At Enchantment, we work together to create and deliver extraordinary experience for all guests and team members here at the resort. Our culture is fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, engaging, and we have one of the best views you’ll ever find! Come join us!
How you will enjoy your day:
Manage the Beverage operation for all areas of Food and Beverage, assist in the coordination of new ideas in guest service, service training and product enhancement. Supervise employees and administer in accordance with department and resort policies. Perform all functions of Restaurant Manager as necessary.
- Lead the beverage program in all outlets to ensure compliance with resort management objectives and insure the health and safety of all employees and guests.
- Assume control of beer, liquor and wine inventory; maintaining pars and establishing control standards to protect our assets and mitigate liability.
- Maintain all beverage and wine lists and ensure items are properly entered, mapped and maintained in the point of sales system.
- Ensure all beverage lists and wine lists are relevant to concept of the specific outlets and that pricing and cost position the menu to achieve financial objectives.
- Perform and lead end of month beverage inventory.
- Support Mii amo Café beverage programming as needed
- Support Banquet beverage programming and bartenders training
- Implement service guidelines at all bars based on Forbes Standards to achieve a score of 90 and above during Forbes inspections
- Ensure all guest experience by being on the floor during the hours of operation
- Work with Director of F&B and director of Engineering to ensure that the bars in the best physical conditions
- Create unique beverage program, cocktail specials to positioning beverage program on the highest level.
- Create and lead beverage programming for the guest experience.
- Conduct weekly staff training of wine, spirits and beer.
- Perform and supervise all monthly and /or quarterly inventories, including glassware and equipment in all bars
- Act as “Resort Sommelier”, offering guidance to guests in all F&B outlets, including Banquets when needed
- Control inventory and maintain adequate supplies of all small wares, utensils, and equipment for proper operation in Che Ah Chi
- Act as an ambassador of Enchantment by always speaking positively of the Resort
- Foster a work environment of teamwork and mutual service by assisting co- workers and other departments as necessary to ensure guest satisfaction
- Maximize profitability by constantly monitor labor costs, food costs and beverage costs as well as departmental expenses
- Interview, hire, train and supervise staff
- Schedule staff for restaurant in accordance with business needs and management objectives
- Conduct performance reviews as necessary for the department
- Train all service staff in established food and beverage service standards and resort policies
- Manage staffing levels, scheduling, evaluating, and disciplining departmental team members as required
- Manage team members payroll processes
- Hold monthly department meetings to review resort events, departmental policies and procedures and maintain high level of moral
- Know all liquor laws and assist in educating staff as necessary
- Complete the annual application for the Wine Spectator Restaurant Awards
- Create and manage wine selections for all venues
- Other duties as assigned