Banquet Cook (19351)
Handle preparation, cooking and presentation of culinary arts in the casual dining restaurants and assist with the preparation, cooking and presentation in a fine dining restaurant.
- Set up line equipment for service
- Reports to work at scheduled time and maintain good personal hygiene and neat and clean uniform
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of cooking techniques, preparation, storage and sanitation
- Organize and prepare of menu items to open on time
- Cook menu items with speed and accuracy
- Know and prepare for Banquet Event Orders as needed
- Create daily prep list to maintain levels
- Communicate with Sous Chef(s) and Cooks when extra help is needed
- Break down and clean line, change pans, utilize product wisely at the end of service
- Handle checklists for opening and closing the department
- Execute a variety of cooking techniques
- Practice proper usage and cleaning of kitchen tools and appliances
- Understand ingredient use
- Read and understand recipes
- Know sanitation, health and safety rules of the culinary department
- Reconcile food inventories and other paperwork
- Follow and ensure use of safety equipment recommended by department
- Maintain neat and orderly work area
- Maintain cleanliness of kitchen, walk-ins and storage areas
- Foster an environment of teamwork and mutual service by assisting coworkers and other departments as necessary to exceed our guests’ expectations
- Act as an ambassador of Enchantment by speaking positively of the Resort at all times
- Work effectively with all employees
- Assist in banquet kitchen and Mii amo Café with preparation and cooking when assigned including ensuring cafeteria is clean, organized and stocked
- Prepare, season and cook soups, meats and vegetables, as well as other hot food items. Use a variety of kitchen tools and equipment to prepare food.
- Adjust thermostat controls to regulate temperatures of ovens, grills and broilers.
- Observe and test foods being cooked.
- Observe all kitchen rules and standards of attitude, personal conduct, attendance and appearance
- Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or equivalent and 2+ years minimum kitchen experience necessary. Prefer some culinary school courses. Attention to detail and ability to multi-task many priorities. Self motivated, ability to work with little supervision and organized. Must be dependable. Must be comfortable communicating with staff with Basic English. Must maintain current food handler’s certification.
- Lifting and Carrying 50 Pounds
- 30% Walking
- 60% Standing
- 10% Bending
- Hearing and Manual Dexterity
- Taste and smell
- Ability to drive golf cart on occasion as necessary
- Use of cleaning solutions occasionally