Are you creative, do you have a passion for food, enjoy fast-paced events and treating banquet guests to the very best?
At Enchantment, we work together to create and deliver extraordinary experience for all guests and team members at the resort. Boynton Canyon sets the stage as guests indulge in modern American cuisine with a Southwest influence with dishes centered around locally grown ingredients and an award-winning wine list.
How you will enjoy your day:
Responsible for designing and executing meal services for multiple guests. Supervise the banquet kitchen operation but not limited to, menu costing, coordination of new menu ideas and utilization of products to maximize customer satisfaction, oversee food preparation, ordering for upcoming events, planning and organization of all aspects of the employee dining room. Must have excellent interpersonal skills to work on a team, a great faculty for logistic planning and great leadership skills to work as a leader.
- Responsibilities include creating dishes, supervising the preparation, flavoring and cooking processes such as respect of recipes, organization and cleanliness of the banquet kitchen. Direct, coordinates and delegates responsibilities to kitchen staff to ensure goal and objectives of the banquet kitchen are met on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the entire set-up, mise en place and execution for banquet events
- Ensure the freshness and the quality of all food products. Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and employees engaged in food preparation.
- Must be proficient in all meals period, including Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner as well as buffets, stations, plated banquets events in a high-end luxury environment.
- Responsible for the freshness and quality of all food products for any events, including proper rotation of all food items in workstation mise en place and kitchen. Looks for ways to save the resort money while still providing top quality products and services for clients.
- Expedite banquet events in a timely manner and follow time expectations from executive chef to ensure smooth and seamless operation between all workstations, server pickup and ultimate guest delivery.
- Checks Final product before it is delivered to the customer to ensure proper preparation, plating and presentation, to include walking the food buffet before opening to ensure ultimate satisfaction.
- Maintaining a kitchen that is neat, safe and clean by ensuring the staff is utilizing proper handling and storage procedures of station mise en place. Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Assists with training of newly hired kitchen staff assigned in banquet kitchen.
- Produce the finest quality product on a consistent basis.
- Knows all menu items from banquet menus and monitor the quality of the banquet meal during the event
- Responsible to oversee the quality and freshness of the employee dining room during opening hours, as well as making sure the food offering is up to standard and according to the menu.
- Responsible for the proper execution of food tastings for weddings, groups and banquet events.
- Must attend weekly meetings to ensure full support and good understanding of the full operation, as well as expectations given to run a smooth operation.
- Responsible for the banquet schedule by making sure adequate numbers of kitchen staff are scheduled to properly handle each banquet events.
- Participates in employee evaluations and necessary disciplinary actions.
- Great collaboration with the warehouse team, by placing orders for upcoming banquet events including meats, fresh fruits and produce, herbs, spices and any others supplies to execute without interfering with the par stock needed for the enchantment restaurant operation.
- Responsible to create the monthly staff dining room menu based on executive chef standards and vision.
- Must attend BEO meeting and pre-con meetings as necessary.
- Responsible to complete monthly inventory and submit it to the director of purchasing in a timely manner to meet accounting department expectations.
- Responsible for communicating with co-workers and supervisors on each shift of any problems or concerns.
- Consult with director of conference and banquet manager on a daily basis, included checking in and out with other departments that are directly related to the Culinary banquet department.
- Being active, such as playing a mentor role to provide the best training, provide expectations and ongoing support and assistance for new hires and existing team.
- Meets with potential banquets clients to discuss menu options
- Other duties as assigned