Assistant Manager - Reservation Sales
Basic Function: To assist the Corporate Senior Manager of Reservation Sales with departmental operations as well as assisting with sales of the resort’s guest accommodations, contributing to the overall profitability of the resort.
- Supervises, directs and edits the work of all Reservations Sales Associates (RSAs)including providing ongoing training sessions, to ensure excellent quality of work consistent with the standards of the department.
- Management of various reservation systems.
- Assist Leisure Sales Managers and maintains positive relationships with local, national and international travel agents in order to generate and facilitate leisure sales and reservations.
- Assist in absence of group rooms coordinators with inputting of room blocks/routing.
- Troubleshooting for reservation agents and guests regarding reservations and accommodations.
- Supervision of credit card charges for deposits.
- Ensure system compliance by all reservation Sales Associates and Group Room Coordinators.
- Ensure daily department duties are accurately completed by the team.
- Assists with the creation and deployment of weekly department schedules and time off approvals.
- Assists with GDS and booking engine changes and troubleshooting.
- Assists with scheduling and payroll and keeps track of employee attendance.
- Adjusts room allocations and room stacking to maximize room inventory.
- Assists with requests to speak to a supervisor, and handles guest recovery in a professional manner.
- Researches reservation service issues, advising resorts and team as applicable.
- Creates and manages hourly employee schedules each week, approves/reviews PTO requests made by the team. Tracks absences and tardiness among the team, and issues disciplinary action when either is excessive.
- Conducts call scoring and subsequent coaching sessions with the team.
- Assists with reservation calls in times of high volume and /or staffing issues.
- Assists with tracking incentive achievements for agents each month.
- Participate in Sales / Marketing / Revenue Department meetings as necessary.
- Maintain flexible schedule including weekends, evening, early morning hours and holidays as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervision Exercised: Reservations Sales Associates
Supervision Received: Corporate Senior Manager of Reservation Sales
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 14059