Adventure & Activities Manager (17945)
Basic Function: Oversees and manages Adventure Advisors, Hiking and Mountain Biking Guides, trail use reports, and inventory management for all company assets, including, but not limited to all outdoor adventure equipment i.e. mountain bikes, vans, and trails.
- Assist the Director of Adventure & Activities when needed to supervise all activities departments to ensure compliance with the resorts’ management objectives, policies and procedures
- Under the supervision of the Director of Adventure, implements short and long range business plan, budget, forecast.
- Oversee the scheduling and coordination of all outdoor excursions for Mountain Biking and Hiking.
- Hire, train, develop, and schedule Adventure Advisors.
- Develops and executes special outdoor programs, projects, special events and activities designed to increase the number of hiking and biking excursions.
- Ensure that the department’s profitability objectives are met and goals created
- Supervise all training programs in accordance with the product description
- Know all safety and emergency procedures for guests/employees and how to act upon them
- Understand accident reporting and prevention policies
- Implement ongoing training programs for both safety and guest relations
- Interview, hire, review performance and handle team members’ disciplinary actions as necessary
- Collaborate and communicate with fellow managers to create proposals for resort activities and promote programs and activities
- Effectively implement training, cross training and retraining of the staff
- Ensure proper procedures of cash handling & payment for services received are being followed
- Responsible for the information provided in the monthly events schedule for the resort and its guests
- Ability to work with the Sales and Marketing Department to develop special activities for group participation to maximize additional revenues for the resort and to enhance the guests’ experience
- Coordinate all indoor and outdoor activities and ability to interact with guests during the day
- Promote, educate guests on all activities and secure sale.
- Facilitate and confirm any private activities requests from guests or groups
- Overall responsibility for supplies related to activities programs
- Responsible for Hike & Bike, payroll and invoicing of all contractors
- Maintain a relationship with the US Forest Service and reporting requirements connected to the resort’s permit
- Oversees contributions to the Boynton Canyon Preservation Fund and facilitating where and how those funds are utilized.
- Assist the Director with budgets and monitor expenses for department
- Other duties as assigned
Supervision Exercised: Oversee Hiking Guides and Mountain Guides when Director is not available.
Supervision Received: Director of Adventure & Activities
Responsibility & Authority:
- Ability to deal effectively with all departments
- Maintain outside business contacts within the community to include associations that relate to the Activities area
- Represent the resort for outside vendor Orientations and meetings
Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university or equivalent experience. Prior hotel/resort activities or fitness experience preferred. General background in recreation and child development helpful. Knowledge of hotel operations and activities beneficial. Must have strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with ease. Computer skills required. Strong team member relations skills. Must be certified in CPR/ First Aid for children & infants. Safety sensitive position.
30% Walking, standing and bending.
Lifting/Carrying up to 50 lbs.
Hearing and manual dexterity
Distance vision 1-3 feet
Ability to work in all types of weather conditions
Ability to drive van as necessary (clean MVD record)