Massage Therapist - Part Time
Provide professional massage treatments in accordance with state law and policy and procedures of Mii amo. Provide a safe, clean, motivating and nurturing environment for services that exceed guest’s expectations
- Perform massage and spa treatment services according to protocol
- Effectively communicate the spas health and fitness philosophy to guests
- Exhibit proper use of product and abide by all product control guidelines
- Read and adhere to schedule postings in regards to shifts, room assignments and the computer scheduling system
- Provide clear and appropriate directions to guests for overall safety
- Provide all guests with consistent services for all treatments
- Be prompt with appointments, quality of work and attitudes with guests
- Begin services on time and perform all services within the time frame established for each treatment
- Properly educate guests in regards to treatments
- Promote spa and all services, products and programs
- Assist and perform daily prep work duties such as re-stocking, refilling and preparing rooms for treatments
- Help the team keep the prep rooms clean and organized
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled training sessions and meetings
- Be an active participant in the department by contributing to new programs and development ideas
- Be guest service oriented and interact with guests in a pleasant, helpful, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic manner
- Display appropriate teamwork, flexibility and interpersonal skills
- Follow all Department Standards of Operations at all times
- Provide a safe, clean, personal, entertaining and well thought out session that exceeds guest’s expectations
- Keep all work and storage areas neat and maintained
- Ensure proper tools and equipment is purchased for safety with manager
- Maintain confidentiality of Mii amo information at all times
- Ensure gratuities are not solicited
- Massage Therapist is empowered to determine when to terminate a massage in the event it becomes unprofessional and/or uncomfortable for either party
- Other duties as assigned
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Spa Director
- High school diploma or GED, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Current therapist license in accordance with state law.
- Must be qualified to perform and teach 90% of Mii amo massage and body treatment services and techniques.
- 3+ years recent massage therapy experience.
- Attention to detail and able to multi-task many priorities.
- Self motivated ability to work with little supervision and organized.
- Must be dependable.
- Willing to learn new methods.
- Ability to ensure guests are handled in safe and professional manner.
- Display a healthy well-balanced body, a neat appearance, and a caring attitude and is able to communicate clearly and simply.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Safety sensitive position.
- 20% walking, sitting and bending
- 80% standing
- Lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Hearing and manual dexterity
- Use of cleaning solutions
- Distance vision 1-3 feet
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 5879