Greens keepers under the supervision of the Superintendent or the Asst. Superintendent perform routine manual labor involved in the golf course maintenance; operate small hand-powered equipment; and occasionally perform work involving large equipment such as tractors, loaders and gang mowers. Each greens keeper may be assigned responsibility for the care and maintenance for several designated holes on the golf course and does related work as required.
- Operates mowers and string trimmers in trimming greens, aprons, tees, around trees, fence lines, banks and hillsides; edges, cart paths; edges and maintain sand bunkers.
- Sets tee markers and cups on greens daily; maintains ball washers; replaces tee towels and flags when needed; removes debris; sands and seeds tee and drop are divots; and cleans flower beds.
- Maintains fuel and fluid levels for all types of equipment on a daily basis; reports equipment problems of failure to the Equipment Manager immediately.
- Returns all equipment to the designated location at the maintenance facility; and cleans the maintenance areas.
- Waters and fertilizes tees, greens and fairways, and under direct supervision of a certified applicator, sprays chemicals on landscaped areas.
- Under the direction of the superintendent or the assistant superintendent, the greens keeper marks the course for cart control weekly; moves cart control barriers and replaces worn or lost ropes or signs; and may mark hazard and drop signs.
- Helps in project work; assists in the construction of new greens, tees and fairways; and back fills ditches and trenches with hand tools; repairs and replaces pipes on irrigation systems.
- May be asked to operate mowers, dump trucks and other light equipment.
- Performs other duties as directed by his/her supervisor.
- Knowledge method and materials used in grounds and landscaped area construction/maintenance work.
- Working knowledge of and ability to use hand and power tools and equipment.
- Ability to operate trucks and light motorized equipment.
- Physical strength, stamina and agility.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Safety sensitive position.
70% Walking, standing and bending
Lifting/Carrying up to 25 lbs.
Hearing and Manual dexterity
Distance vision 1-3 feet
Ability to drive golf cart on occasion as necessary
Ability to work in all weather conditions.